Phone: (928) 474-9260 Fax: (928) 474-2679
Library Director: Emily Linkey
Assistant Librarian: David Grassé
OUR MISSION: The Library Friends of Payson, Inc. is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose mission is to provide financial and community support to the Payson Public Library. We believe that public libraries comprise an integral aspect of community identity and development, and we support endeavors that encourage literacy and free inquiry within the individual, the family, and society.
The Library is now open!
- If you have been vaccinated, masks are not required
- If you have not been vaccinated, masks are required (if you would like a mask, just ask)
- Sanitation protocols will be in effect
- One hour limit on computer use (with the exception of homework, job seeking, etc.)
- Curbside service will remain available to those that prefer it
LFOP Booktore: We maintain the LFOP Bookstore which is located inside the Payson Public Library. Staffing is provided entirely by volunteers. We also offer antique and vintage books for sale on Amazon and AbeBooks.
The LFOP Bookstore is now open
10:00am – 2:00pm, Monday through Saturday
BECOME A LFOP SPONSOR: 2021 Sponsorships Now Available!
The monies raised last year through donations contributed to our providing to the Library 1,447 books, 206 DVDs, and 64 audio books. totaling about $50,000! Most recently, the Library Friends funded the ongoing expansion to the Library building that will provide much needed space for community organizations’ meetings and activities.
None of this would have been possible without YOUR continued support. So, instead of an annual fundraiser event, we are again offering Sponsorships for 2021…..
Platinum ($1000+) Gold ($500-$999) Silver ($250-499) Bronze ($100-$249)
Please consider becoming a 2021 Sponsor so that we can continue to support the Payson Public Library. Each Sponsor will receive the following benefits:
- Prominent recognition on posters and plaques throughout the Library
- Prominent recognition in press releases, the Library Friends of Payson website, and Facebook page
- A 1-year complimentary membership to the Library Friends of Payson along with a subscription to our Among Friends newsletter
- Sponsorship featured in the Library Friends newsletter
Sponsor packets are available at the Front Desk of the Payson Library. All donations are tax deductible as a charitable donation. A receipt will be provided.
For further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, message us on this page, or call the Library at 928-472-9260.
SPEAKERS AT GENERAL MEETINGS: Due to ongoing concerns with the Covid-19 virus, all general meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
General Meetings are held every third Monday of the month (no meetings in July or December). These meetings are open to the general public free of charge. Everyone is welcome to attend.
The Library Friends of Payson presentation for the community will start with a short business meeting at 10:00 a.m.; the program begins at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to both the business meeting and the free one-hour program. Complimentary refreshments are served. Beginning in January 2020, these general meetings will be held in an alternate location during construction of the new meeting room. For more information, please call the Payson Library at 928-474-9260.
SIGN UP FOR AMAZON SMILE & LIBRARY FRIENDS OF PAYSON EARNS MONEY:
- AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice….in this case, we hope you choose Library Friends of Payson.
- All you need to do is start your shopping at smile.amazon.com…..then simply select Library Friends of Payson. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you.
- Though 0.5% is not a large donation and it isn’t intended to replace your regular charitable activities, AmazonSmile is still a great way to take advantage of a service you’re using anyway. Once you’ve selected Library Friends of Payson, AmazonSmile remembers your selected choice every time you log in.
- AmazonSmile customers can now support Library Friends of Payson in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start shopping.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/libraryfriendspayson
Library Friends of Payson E-Mail Address: email@example.com
If you have any questions or need additional information…
please call the Payson Public Library @ 928-474-9260