Phone: (928) 474-9260 Fax: (928) 474-2679
Library Director: Emily Linkey
Assistant Librarian: David Grassé
OUR MISSION: The Library Friends of Payson, Inc. is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose mission is to provide financial and community support to the Payson Public Library. We believe that public libraries comprise an integral aspect of community identity and development, and we support endeavors that encourage literacy and free inquiry within the individual, the family, and society.
Infection levels of Covid-19 have been declared to be a “Substantial Risk” within the Town of Payson
The Payson Public Library will be instituting the following measures to prevent the spread of infection and protect our patrons, volunteers, and staff:
Beginning Friday, November 20th, 2020
The Library Will be Available for Limited Service:
Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m
Closed Saturdays and Sundays
Patrons will only be granted admittance to the library by appointment. Computers will be available by appointment only for one hour each day per patron.
Circulating Library Materials will be available through Curbside Pickup. No magazines or newspapers will be circulated. Curbside pick-up is limited to 5 items per week. Patrons may have 10 items checked out at a time.
To Make an Appointment or Request Materials: Call 928-474-9260
Digital resources such as Overdrive, Research Databases, and the library catalog will remain available.
These measures will remain in effect until it is determined the infection risk has been reduced.
LFOP Booktore: We maintain the LFOP Bookstore which is located inside the Payson Public Library. Staffing is provided entirely by volunteers. We also offer antique and vintage books for sale on Amazon and AbeBooks.
Due to ongoing concerns related to Covid-19, effective Friday, November 20, 2020, the LFOP Bookstore will be closed until further notice.
BECOME A LFOP SPONSOR: 2020 Sponsorships Now Available!
This year, due to construction of our Library addition, we will not have our annual “A Taste of Rim Country” fundraiser. The monies raised last year contributed to our providing to the Library 1447 books, 206 DVDs, and 64 audio books. totaling about $50,000! Most recently, the Library Friends funded the ongoing expansion to the Library building that will provide much needed space for community organizations’ meetings and activities.
None of this would have been possible without YOUR continued support. So, instead of an annual fundraiser event, we are offering Sponsorships for 2020 at the same levels as last year’s “A Taste of Rim Country” event.
Platinum ($1000+) Gold ($500-$999) Silver ($250-499) Bronze ($100-$249)
Please consider becoming a 2020 Sponsor so that we can continue to support the Payson Public Library. Each Sponsor will receive the following benefits:
- Prominent recognition on posters and plaques throughout the Library
- Prominent recognition in press releases, the Library Friends of Payson website, and Facebook page
- A 1-year complimentary membership to the Library Friends of Payson along with a subscription to our Among Friends newsletter
- Sponsorship featured in the Library Friends newsletter
Sponsor packets are available at the Front Desk of the Payson Library. All donations are tax deductible as a charitable donation. A receipt will be provided.
For further information, email us at email@example.com, message us on this page, or call the Library at 928-472-9260.
SPEAKERS AT GENERAL MEETINGS: Due to ongoing concerns with the Covid-19 virus, all general meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
General Meetings are held every third Monday of the month (no meetings in July or December). These meetings are open to the general public free of charge. Everyone is welcome to attend.
The Library Friends of Payson presentation for the community will start with a short business meeting at 10:00 a.m.; the program begins at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to both the business meeting and the free one-hour program. Complimentary refreshments are served. Beginning in January 2020, these general meetings will be held in an alternate location during construction of the new meeting room. For more information, please call the Payson Library at 928-474-9260.
SIGN UP FOR AMAZON SMILE & LIBRARY FRIENDS OF PAYSON EARNS MONEY:
- AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice….in this case, we hope you choose Library Friends of Payson.
- All you need to do is start your shopping at smile.amazon.com…..then simply select Library Friends of Payson. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you.
- Though 0.5% is not a large donation and it isn’t intended to replace your regular charitable activities, AmazonSmile is still a great way to take advantage of a service you’re using anyway. Once you’ve selected Library Friends of Payson, AmazonSmile remembers your selected choice every time you log in.
- AmazonSmile customers can now support Library Friends of Payson in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start shopping.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/libraryfriendspayson
Library Friends of Payson E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need additional information…
please call the Payson Public Library @ 928-474-9260