Phone: (928) 474-9260 Fax: (928) 474-2679
Library Director: Emily Linkey
Assistant Librarian: David Grassé
OUR MISSION: The Library Friends of Payson, Inc. is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose mission is to provide financial and community support to the Payson Public Library. We believe that public libraries comprise an integral aspect of community identity and development, and we support endeavors that encourage literacy and free inquiry within the individual, the family, and society.
The Library is now open!
Masks are no longer required inside the Library, but masks are available at the Circulation Desk if requested.
- Sanitation protocols will be in effect
- One hour limit on computer use (with the exception of homework, job seeking, etc.)
- Curbside service will remain available to those that prefer it
LFOP Bookstore is Now Open
10am – 2pm Monday — Saturday
LFOP Booktore: We maintain the LFOP Bookstore which is located inside the Payson Public Library. Staffing is provided entirely by volunteers. We also offer antique and vintage books for sale on Amazon and AbeBooks.
Stop by the Bookstore often to see what will be on sale! Daily “Surprise Specials” will be offered throughout the summer, so be sure to stop by often and see what the sale of the day will be. Also, be sure to check out the music and movies….inventory is always changing. The Bookstore offers treasures galore…books, music, movies, magazines, puzzles, even T-shirts…we have them all!
BECOME A Library Friends of Payson DONOR 2021-2022
The monies raised last year through donations contributed to our providing to the Library with 1,447 books, 206 DVDs, and 64 audio books. totaling about $50,000! Most recently, the Library Friends funded the ongoing expansion to the Library building that will provide much needed space for community organizations’ meetings and activities.
None of this would have been possible without YOUR continued support. So, instead of an annual fundraiser event, we are again offering you the opportunity to become a DONOR…..
Platinum ($1000+) Gold ($500-$999)
Silver ($250-$499) Bronze ($100-$249)
Please consider becoming a 2021 Donor so that we can continue to support the Payson Public Library. Each Donor will receive the following benefits:
- Prominent recognition on posters and plaques throughout the Library
- Prominent recognition in press releases, the Library Friends of Payson website, and Facebook page
- A 1-year complimentary membership to the Library Friends of Payson along with a subscription to our Among Friends newsletter
- Donors featured in the Library Friends newsletter
Thanks to each of these recent sponsors for their financial support:
Bill and Ellen Olsen
Gold $500 and above
Jon P. Coates
Larry Stephenson and Carolyn Bates
Silver $250 and above
Harper Law Office
Barbara Brenke and Larry Forsythe
Tonto Apache Tribe
James and Dolores Goughnour
Plant Fair Nursery, Inc
Bronze $100 and above
Stan and Linda Wilkinson
Neil and Elisabeth Burke
Jan Owen and Carol Waymire
Payson Concrete and Materials
Smart Systems, Inc.
Kiwanis Club of Zane Grey Country
Art and Chris Decker
Tom and Judy Herbolsheimer
Elmer and Lynette Walters
Edward and Elaine Votruba
Donor packets are available at the Front Desk of the Payson Library. All donations are tax deductible as a charitable donation. A receipt will be provided.
For further information, email us at email@example.com or call the Library at 928-472-9260.
LFOP MONTHLY GENERAL MEETINGS ARE BACK!
We are thrilled to be offering our monthly General Meetings again after a very long pause.
Our next General Meeting will be held on Monday, October 17th, 2022. Amy Burnett from Arizona Game and Fish will present a program about “Living with Wildlife in Rim Country.” Living with wildlife can mean watching woodpeckers in your backyard, or dealing with bats roosting under the eaves of your roof. Over the centuries, wildlife behaviour hasn’t really changed, but human behaviour has. Amy will discuss current issues in wildlife management in the Rim Country and beyond, which usually involves more “people” than wildlife management. Learn why feeding elk in your neighborhood is creating dangerous situations for both people and elk, and what steps you can take to keep wildlife wild.
The Library Friends of Payson presentation for the community, which is held in the expanded community room of the library, will start with a short business meeting at 10:00 a.m.; the program begins at 10:30 a.m. The public is invited to both the business meeting and the presentation. If you have any questions, please call the library at 928-474-9260.
SIGN UP FOR AMAZON SMILE & LIBRARY FRIENDS OF PAYSON EARNS MONEY:
- AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice….in this case, we hope you choose Library Friends of Payson.
- All you need to do is start your shopping at smile.amazon.com…..then simply select Library Friends of Payson. The donation will be made at no extra cost to you.
- Though 0.5% is not a large donation and it isn’t intended to replace your regular charitable activities, AmazonSmile is still a great way to take advantage of a service you’re using anyway. Once you’ve selected Library Friends of Payson, AmazonSmile remembers your selected choice every time you log in.
- AmazonSmile customers can now support Library Friends of Payson in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start shopping.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/libraryfriendspayson
Library Friends of Payson E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need additional information…
please call the Payson Public Library @ 928-474-9260